Thursday, August 20, 2009

my first post.....

Hi there!
I registered some 5 months ago & i know its pretty lazy of me to be writing my first post now. So what encouraged me to write after all this time? Only one reason actually...

Recently i had this nightmare coming true, hmmm, yes i was forced to sit on a dentist's chair. I had this wisdom teeth, mind you, both the sides, growing in crooked directions. I tried escaping the chair for 2 years by just popping a pain killer or two but this time i got caught. My casual visit to the dentist ended in an appointment for a surgery. Now what's all this fanfare for just pulling out the so called wisdom tooth. I really didn't understand but then it was really scary.

The appointment arrived, i was shaking head to toe. Never felt so uncertain or frightened. With my mom sitting across the room trying to reassure me & the dentist bending over getting things ready for the 'surgery', the room started to spin.

The doctor gave me a shot to make my jaw numb. He started to explain the procedure & at that moment i just wanted to jump out the chair & run for the door. I felt a bit ashamed when the doctor asked me for my age on seeing me shaking so badly. So in order to save the little pride sticking on, i tried composing myself. With so much of activity going on inside my mouth i only prayed for one thing, 'God let this be over quick'.

After 50 minutes of distress and a couple of stitches, it was over. I should really accept one thing, i didn't feel a thing, no pain at all, only a lot of uneasiness though. After a long list of dos & don'ts explained (which included do not smoke for a couple of days, now who is kidding who?) i was ready to go home.

Now coming back to why i am writing a blog, you might think its because of the horrid experience i had in the dental clinic. But the truth is i have not been able to talk for the couple of the days because of the stitches! ( i usually spend most of my waking time doing only that) & so resorted to this :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow so you cant talk for few days? That's interesting... Good post by the way...One suggestion, black background is tough to read... at least for me...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well each one of us have a spark in our life which will persuade us to write. Your inability to talk kindled u to write things !!! Wooooow :P

    Thats a well written experience @ Dentist place ! Felt like reading a story :)

    Don't let ur laziness take over ur inquisitiveness to write !

    Keep Writing...That will be an exciting journey through ur thoughts. If u find time and have some patience, u r welcome to sneak into my Blog

    http://kalyanb4u.wordpress.com

    Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It good to know that u have taken time to read, Thank u guys.
    @Karthik: I changed the layout for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool mini... a lot easier on my eyes now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gud beginning dear !!! Thats sad , you hav't talked for 2 days... Hope you get back to spirits soon.. love you, keep going, Muaah!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol... I have been there soooo many times... interesting post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mini..... gud start... A visit to the dentist...wit a twist ;) neat... Keep bloggin da :)

    ReplyDelete